**About the Position:** This position is located at Fort Wainwright, AK.
Federal employees in Alaska are currently entitled to receive a 3.74% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
Learn more about this agency
* Obtains bacterial or viral cultures to include throat, urine, sputum, blood or wound. * Performs percutaneous and intradermal skin testing with a wide variety of allergens. * Properly administers vaccines in accordance with appropriate military, federal, and state regulations, international requirements, or as prescribed by the physician. * Performs initial evaluation of patients presenting with adverse reactions to vaccines. * Reviews all available immunization records to determine the requirements for immunizations.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0620 Practical Nurse
### Conditions of Employment
* Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. * Two year trial/probationary period may be required. * Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. * Two year trial/probationary period may be required. * Selectees will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption. * This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. * A pre-placement medical examination is required. * Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position. * Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS. * Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges. * This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis. * Moderate to heavy lifting up to 20 pounds is required.
**Who May Apply: US Citizens**
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
**Basic Qualification of Licensed Practical Nurse:**
**Licensure/Certification:** A current license to practice as a practical or vocational nurse in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia; OR must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license, a notarized statement attesting to the fact, or a citation of the license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
**In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirement listed below:**
**Experience:** One year of nursing experience in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures, performing such duties as administering immunizations and/or medications via various routes, maintaining patient records and performing allergen skin testing.This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
* You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. * Direct Deposit of Pay is required. * Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. * If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. * This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - position. * Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. * Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. * If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. * Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If, after reviewing your r?sum? and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.**
**1. Your resume:**
* Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. * If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. * For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position. * For additional information see: What to include in your resume. **2. Other supporting documents:** * Cover Letter, optional * Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable * License/Certification: If the position has a license/certification requirement, you **MUST**submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted license/certification. See: Transcripts and Licenses.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the **Required Documents** section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on03/11/2019 to receive consideration.
* To begin, click **Apply**to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application ( * Follow the prompts to **select your r?sum? and/or other supporting documents** to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. * After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and** click to continue with the application process**. * You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. **You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.** * It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. * Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account ( all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
EV-APF-W0EEAA MEDDAC AK DO NOT MAIL Fort Wainwright, AK 99703 US
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
**If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.**
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. * An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability * Social security number request * Privacy Act * Signature and false statements * Selective Service * New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526597500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.