Loading some great jobs for you...
POSITION TITLE: Park Ranger Aide
SALARY: Grade 93 $14.50/hr.
UNION STATUS: 99 Non-Represented
REPORTS TO: Chena Lake Manager
Tanana Lake Facility Manager
Parks Maintenance Superintendent
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
CLOSING DATE: 03/08/20 9:00 pm AK
Provide visitor information services, fee collection, and assistance to Park Ranger and staff with general park operations. Assignments may include a variety of light duty tasks related to overall park operation.
1. Assist Park Rangers and other staff members with their daily work.
2. Provide visitor information services including statewide travel advice. Interpret natural features of park. Greet and interact with the general public with courtesy and tact.
3. Assist with campground monitoring and management (if work assignment requires).
4. Provide litter patrol, picnic shelter clean up, and swim beach maintenance.
5. Operate cash register; collect fees, sell sundries, and rent out boats (if work assignment requires).
6. Assist in collecting data and record keeping.
7. Answer telephone using proper etiquette. Utilize radio communications as needed.
8. Shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays at multiple locations.
9. Assist with facility development and maintenance tasks including trail work, recreation facility repairs and enhancements, and miscellaneous projects.
1. Must be 18 years of age at time of employment.
2. Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
3. Ability to sit and stand for extended, prolonged periods of time.
4. Familiarity with Alaskan landmarks, points of interest, and lifestyles.
5. Physical ability to perform minor maintenance tasks, which may include the use of some power or hand tools.
6. Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver?s license and to meet insurance standards and maintain insurability under the Borough?s insurance program. If personal automobile is used for Borough business, proof of insurance at statutory limits must be provided. (A CURRENT COPY OF DRIVING RECORD WILL BE REQUESTED AT TIME OF INTERVIEW).
7. Prior experience with money handling and ability to perform cashier duties as required.
8. Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and swing or graveyard shifts.
9. This position requires a criminal background check.
Ordinary business contact with employees in own division and continuous routine public contact.
Visitor contact throughout the facility, administrative data and record keeping, staff boat rental operation, perform light maintenance duties, and fee collection. A uniform, which is provided, is required.
Office area where conditions are pleasant; while in the field, varied work sites with somewhat disagreeable conditions with undesirable elements or factors; up to ? of time is spent standing, or walking; minor accident/hazard risk; requires short periods of heavy lifting, pushing or pulling (50+ lbs.).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must submit a completed online application on or before the closing date and time as specified in the Job Posting. Online applications can be located at www.fnsb.us then click on the ?JOBS? tab.
For additional information please call (907) ###-#### or the Borough Direct Job Line at (907) ###-####.
The Borough complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/interview/selection process, contact the Human Resources Office at (907) ###-#### or the EEO office. The EEO Compliance Officer can be contacted at (907) ###-####.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...