About the Employer:
Our Client is a global network of experts working with the Government, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world's most complex challenge
Our Client is looking to hire a Painter (Automotive)who will be responsible to prepares and coat interior and exterior surfaces of a wide variety of vehicles with paint, lacquer, epoxy resin, CARC or other material, using brushes, rollers, spray guns and other devices
Primary responsibilities include:
- Removes old paint from vehicle or feathers surfaces in preparation for repainting or prepares new surfaces for painting
- Masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted.
- Paints vehicle or specified portion of vehicle and may paint insignia, letters or numerals on vehicle surface using stencils.
- Smoothens surfaces with acid solution and steel wool to insure that paint adheres to surface and provides corrosion control methods to customer specifications
- May mix colors, oils, white lead and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency.
- Makes and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted. Paints insignia, letters or numerals on vehicle surface, using stencils.
- Paints and redecorates facilities, vehicles, equipment and fixtures. Work involves the following: Knowledge of surface peculiarities and types of paint required for difference applications.
- Preparing surface for painting by removing old finish or by placing putty or filler in nail holes and interstices
- Apply paint with spray gun or brush. May mix colors, oils, white lead and other paint ingredients to obtain proper color or consistency.
- In general, the work of the maintenance painter requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent Three (3) years recent experience in the maintenance, overhaul and painting / de-painting of contract unit equipment is essential.
- Must have experience operating a paint booth and applying CARC paint.
- Must have normal color vision.
- PFT and RESPIRATOR FIT Test will be required for this position, which will be scheduled upon date of hire.
- Must be able to lift 40 to 45 pounds according to OSHA Standards. Level II English required.
Our Client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is not required for this position.
Associated topics: coater, conformal coater, dirt, grind, grit ballast, paint, painter, powder, refinish, wax