Elementary Teacher (PRE-K)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Northwest Arctic Borough School District is seeking to hire an Elementary Teacher (PRE-K).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
About Northwest Arctic Borough School District:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated; plans and provides a program of study that, as much as possible.
- Meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students; writes daily lesson plans that include objectives,
- and activities to support those objectives.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Demonstrates adequate control over student behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of district/site goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and
- capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved; plans lessons that will reflect goals and objectives from the district curriculum guide.
- The teacher selects, develops, and employs appropriate evaluative techniques with regard to impartiality, consistency, and objectivity.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Evaluates students a number of times to make an accurate appraisal at the end of the grading period.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the
- classroom develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the
- classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s), and cooperatively with other supervisors, evaluate their job performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence; attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Complies with building and district policy.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the school staff and the community.
Northwest Arctic Borough School District operates schools in eleven villages for approximately 1,850 students. Schools range in size from Deering with 30 students and 4 teachers to Kotzebue with 664 students and 54 teachers. The overall pupil/teacher ratio for the district is 14 to 1. Ninety percent of the students are Inupiaq Eskimo. An eleven member Regional School Board elected from Kotzebue and the surrounding villages governs NWABSD. In addition, each village has its own Advisory School Council. The district administration is located in Kotzebue. The administrative staff travels frequently to all the sites providing assistance and assessing local programs. The district’s main goals are to prepare students to be contributing members of a rapidly changing society and to preserve the unique heritage and values of the Inupiaq culture. District programs strive to incorporate traditional activities into all phases of the curriculum. * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...