Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Description Kantishna Roadhouse (KRH) is a full-service, backcountry lodge located 90 miles into the pristine natural wonder of Denali National Park in a remote area where few are lucky enough to travel. Employees at the Roadhouse will find adventure, tranquility and an escape from every-day modern life. Room and board are provided at no cost for this position. The season at Kantishna Roadhouse is from June 4th- September 12th and KRH is seeking candidates available to stay the entire season.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the KRH Property Manager, the Maintenance Tech is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness, and overall upkeep of the Kantishna Roadhouse.
• Assist in maintaining all facilities, utility systems, and equipment at the Kantishna Roadhouse
• Assist in the repair of facilities as needed including, but not limited to:
o Electrical systems
o Heating systems
o Structural repairs
o Repair and maintain vehicles and wash all vehicles as needed
o Waste disposal system
o Water delivery systems
o Refrigeration units, appliances
o Maintain the grounds
• Maintain generators (oil and filter changes as needed)
• Prompt attention to all guest maintenance needs
• Regularly inspect facilities, equipment, and systems to determine condition
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities
• Assist with keeping a clean and organized work site by organizing tools and materials, removing waste and debris, and sweeping and mopping as needed
• Monitor work site and equipment
• Use hand tools to perform work tasks
• Other duties as assigned
DOYON CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Commitment to Excellence – Identifies what needs to be done and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations.
• Corporate Values- Understand, embraces, and integrates Doyon corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities.
• Customer Service – Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external clients.
• Safety and Security – Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers.
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside or outside the organization.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Adaptability-Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
• Attention to Detail-Ensures one's own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate.
• Planning and Organizing- Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period.
• Time Management-Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Minimum age 21 years
• Experience in general plumbing, electrical, and mechanical, carpentry, and grounds maintenance preferred
• Willingness to follow directions and work independently
• Current drivers license
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening tests
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Kantishna Roadhouse is located within Denali National Park. The individual will be working with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will need stamina and the ability to bend, twist, reach, and lift (1-75 lbs.) on a regular basis. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Doyon grants preference to qualified Doyon Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Loading some great jobs for you...