ENSTAR Natural Gas Company is seeking seasonal workers for the 2020 year. Positions are expected end in October
Work will be primarily focused on the 2020 ERT Project
JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of the Measurement Helper include fabrication and installation of meter set assemblies, reconditioning gas meters in the Meter Shop, cleaning and painting Distribution regulating stations, as well as cleaning and testing gas regulators for domestic and industrial use.
• Recondition and paint gas meters as necessary.
• Fabricate and install MSAs.
• Support field maintenance activities and construction projects.
• Cleaning, painting, weed cutting, and snow removal at ENSTAR facilities.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Two year degree in electronic instrumentation or equivalent degree and/or experience preferred.
• Familiarity with the geographical layout of Anchorage.
• Must possess current Alaska Driver's License and be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the ENSTAR's Driving Policy.
• Employment is contingent on successful completion of the Operator Qualification Program.
• Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Ability to pass a drug, background, past employment, and driving record screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to fabricate and install MSAs.
• Ability to establish and maintain field/Shop records and paperwork.
• Thorough knowledge/ability to learn ENSTAR's Standard Operating Procedures.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate detailed information accurately and clearly.
• Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
• Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards.
• Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Standing, walking, bending over, repetitive use of hands/arms/legs, grasping, lifting and carrying up to 75lbs, eye/hand coordination, fine manipulation.
VISUAL ACUITY: Close & distance vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
MENTAL EFFORT: Communication (effective verbal and written communication), concentrating on tasks, remembering details, examining/ observing details.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Outside, hazards (chemical, sharp objects/tools), moving mechanical parts, noise, working with others and alone.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Others duties may be assigned.
ENSTAR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...