The Service Desk Technician will be responsible for answering first tier service desk calls. The candidate will work over the phone and via remote desktop control to resolve user issues. This position is not limited to end user issues but may include proactive work as well, to include desktop patching, Anti-virus updates, and other issues as directed. The candidate will provide technical expertise to end users and system support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Log all incidents and service requests and track the same through to resolution.
* Conduct initial diagnosis using documented processes and available tools.
* Ensure customer incidents and service requests are handled in a timely manner by documenting the impact to the customer and by assigning an appropriate priority and target resolution time.
* Open, close, or escalate tickets within service level agreements time frames.
* Ensure incident resolution by maintaining an action plan for incident resolution; by initiating and tracking incident escalations to technical resources, vendors, and so on; and by keeping the customer updated on the status of incident resolution.
* Help resolve end-user and technical problems quickly and effectively.
* Record incident symptoms and status information in a timely fashion in an effort to communicate with and properly use senior IT staff.
* Work effectively with vendors of hardware and application software during problem resolution.
* Troubleshoot PC, printer, application, and basic network issues.
* Configure, test, and deploy Operating system / software (upgrades, hot fixes, and other updates).
* Use of Active Directory to reset user accounts.
* Use of various desktop support tools to include Microsoft SCCM for device and application management as well as Citrix XenApp Center for user administration.
* Ensure management awareness of major incidents or incidents that are exceeding documented target SLA.
* Update or create documentation as needed. This includes updating any asset tracking system for any appropriate device being received to, or deployed from, the Helpdesk.
* On occasion, the individual may need to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Accountability - Ability to plan, organize, measure and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver.
* Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
* Critical thinking - Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form to solve problems.
* Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
* Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
* Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
* Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
* Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
* Customer Focused - Keeping customer interests' paramount as a key to success. Driven by a commitment to customer service that creates customer loyalty and retention.
* Tactful-- Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others
* Autonomy -- Ability to work independently
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Associates degree or equivalent work experience plus one (1) year of professional Windows OS experience. Additional training/certifications may be substituted for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis. A+ CE or Microsoft MSDST preferred. ITIL Foundations preferred. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.) required. Strong hands-on experience Microsoft Office products preferred.
Please complete our online application. If you need assistance or have questions, contact Rose Muncy, SHRM-CP, PHR CIR at ...@acsalaska.com or (907) ###-####.
Alaska Communications is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; creed; national origin; ancestry; age; gender (or gender identification or expression); sexual orientation; mental or physical disability, except where disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification; marital status; change in marital status; parenthood; pregnancy or family relationship; status as a disabled or protected veteran; or any impermissible characteristic as defined by law. View the U.S. Department of Labor Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Associated topics: assist, deskside, front desk, information technology, network, support, support analyst, systems administrator, technician iii, technician iv